Emotionally the hardest week of my Exchange (Not Gonna Lie).


Last week was probably the hardest week of my exchange been so far away from family.  Especially as I followed my great grandmother's funeral back home.  That was hard, but I know mum wanted me to get on with things.  Managed to keep myself occupied so that I would be distracted but it was hard.  I missed my cousins alot last week I thought about all the things they would do together and I hate to miss out so that made me very emotional.

Anyways.....

The past week was a blurrr, annddddd now its semester break! (Just for one week).  Yup we have one week semester break and back to school next week.  Which would be my final week here in Austria as I am almost at the end of my exchange.  Time has gone by so fast I am so excited to be going home to NZ to my family.  My mind is with my Nena Evo at the moment so I am looking forward to see Nena.






This past week I did quite a bit of shopping at the Sierseberg shopping mall prepping for an up and coming carnival my friends have invited me too.  On Monday I did not really do much, there was no choir practice because my teacher wasn’t there so I got to come home earlier, I called my family and had a conversation with my Nana Evo which made me happy :).  You have no idea how good that felt to be able to speak with Nan.  Nan's been in Niue for three weeks and if I think of it now I havent spoken with her since I left Auckland because shes been gallivanting as well.


On Tuesday it was another fly by day, I didn’t do much just a bit of homework from school back home and some German homework I usually get here, but other then that it was another slow and chill day besides school.

On Wednesday! I went out with my friends and we had some lunch, we sat and talked and ate and yeah it was fun hahaha. We went to a place called “Vaipiano” and I had some pizza 🤣 something different to schnitzel hahaha.  I had fun hanging out with my mates and we eventually went our own ways.  Happy to report I did not catch the wrong bus this week or get lost.  I have learnt my lesson never ever repeating that again.


Thursday it was another chill day, I did some more homework for my school back home and I just played around on garage band with some music tingsss tehee 😙🤣.  At the same time I was thinking about my family who were preparing to bury our Mama.  Music was my sense of release and thinking about home.  Managed to get some tunes together for some new material when I get back home.  I did get some updates from home so was nice to see some pictures of Mama's funeral.  I wished I was at home with them but I also knew my mum and her siblings would have my Nena Evo's back as always.  This week I have to admit I missed my mum alot and there were times throughout the week I had a bit of a cry.


I remember the year nan came and stayed with us in Hamilton. It was nice to have her over. We were on our way back to Auck when mum’s car broke down on highway. Nan and I had to ride in tow truck buckled in on the back of the truck on way back to Hamilton lol. Because of Nana my mum bought a new car two days later so that we could take her back to Auck lol. Thanks Nan.
Last time I saw you also I had promised when I returned I would come sing you some songs of Uhomotu you wanted. I am sad we never got to do that but I know you are finally resting.




Friday rolled around the week is over another week done and dusted.  Friday we had the children over and it was pretty fun. We played a few games and laughed and it was pretty funny because the youngest her name is Isabella, she just talks and has conversations with me as if I know and understand her. She’s so adorable 😭🤣 the same with Miriam and Clemens they are so cute!

We had a very energetic afternoon I was so tired 🤣🤣 they made me so exhausted I fell asleep and then woke up again in the middle of the night 🤣but also during the day at school there was a Football(soccer) and Vögerball competition.



Vögerball is dodgeball but with Austrian rules. I played vögerball and my team won two games, then we won the semifinals and got into the finals however I was booted from the team which kinda sucked :/ BUT WE STILL WONNNN. I would’ve played soccer but that was to much running, Vögerball is perfect 🤣.  I had fun with my friends.  I have heaps of friends here I am going to miss when I leave.

On Saturdayyy, I didn’t really do much. I did more homework but this time dance homework, I have 3 new dances to learn for school and it’s so hard 🤣 but it’s fun and I’m excited for this years dance class mannnn.  This is my homework from NZ so I am trying to keep up with NCEA Level 1s so when I get home I dont fall behind too much.

Yesterdayyyy I went to the zoo! it’s the only zoo in Graz and it is pretty huge! It was really fun and I saw a few animals we don’t have in the Hamilton zoo. They even have kangaroos bro, that’s crazy 🤣 but after the zoo and walking around the ENTIRE perimeter, we had some lunch and as per usual I had schnitzel and Chips 🥰 with some salad because you gotta get the greens you know 🤣 but anywho, after the zoo I came home and did some German plurals. It's so confusing man I’m tellin you 😭🤣.  I want to do it justice so wanted to get it right.  When I go home I have German lessons so I plan to keep it going.  I have to admit is is very hard and requires a lot of focus which I often struggle with.




Castle built in between meadows.  Castles are usually built up off the ground.  I like this one because it was simple.

This week I am headin to Salzburg 🤪 I’ll be spending time with Ingrid and it’s gonna be heaps of fun! I know Salzburg is where they shot Sound of Music.  I love adventures so going to Salzburg is exciting enough for me.  I will be sure to take heaps of pictures for my memory book and will hopefully be able to share with you in my next blog.  Thinking about blogs next week may be my last blog for the entire trip.  If you would like to hear from me please feel free to comment below.

Today is Monday I officially have 14 days left here #2weeks before I leave!!!! I’m super excited 😜. I have the whole week off on semester break so yaye.  Keep an eye out on my music page I wll post some updates for events coming up soon. 

When I get home my first gig will be at Pasifika so whilst I am here mum has sent me material I need to start preping so yaye for me MUM!!! I have to admit I have missed Bango the Banjo.

Anywhoooo thats all for todayyyy! Have a good week everyone ❤❤

CIAOOO XOXOXOX

Ps Thank You Mum for the updates from NZ that was helpful you have no idea how much I miss you and cannot wait to hug you in 14 days 😁😀😉.










Comments

  1. It is tough to be away from family and especially when a lot happens. You've done very well so well done. Your blogging is also a whole lot better. C U soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Common Ancestor.

Taking on Vienna.

Bye New Zealand...Hello Austria...I am here...I am actually hereeee.