Crossing Borders



Guten morgen world here is this weeks blog!!!!

So last week the blog was about my trip to Vienna and I talked about how wicked it was.  Well this week is a bit of another chill back week ;).  On Monday and Tuesday it was just a normal day, same things different days, school, home, bus and tram rides, routines.  Wednesday I was invited to present at mamas school again.  Talking about New Zealand and Niue. This time it was to the 4th graders which I believe is 12-13 year olds. It was a good day :) met quite a lot of new people, got a few Instagram and Snapchat names yah know πŸ‘€πŸ€£. I am learning to talk in public openly abit more and I have learned that talking about NZ and Niue makes me happy and proud.  Like flying the Niue flag it makes me feel good.  When I got home though I was absolutely knackered. Yuh girl slept from 3pm to 5am in the morning the next day πŸ˜… probably not good but it felt GREEEAT waking up the next day hahaha. 

On Thursday caught the bus and tram to school, had lunch, hung out with my friends.  I am use to my routine now and friends at school.  I actually did some music tingzzz (things)  I am currently working on a new piece using GarageBand.   I have figured the software out and now I really can’t stop making new tunes 🀣 sometimes I even listen to my own music I’ve made instead of real recorded music on spotify 🀩 HAHAH but anywhoooo, that was Thursday :).  I am playing with all sorts of tunes at the moment also using orchestra type backing.  Experiencing different music has definetly extended my music brain and knowledge.  I love music so its so easy to adapt.  I have also been working on my theory music from home because I know when I get home Meryl is going to work me for theory exams.  


On Friday after school I went and met up with one of my friends from school who has another friend (kinda odd right) but I introduced myself via Instagram before meeting and the only reason I wanted to meet was because he was a kiwi boy himself!!! His name is James, goes to school just across the road from me and is an Austrian born Kiwi/Polynesian. Part Maori/ Samoan to be exact.  What are the odds 🀣 so we had a few friends with us, we took a 20 minute bus ride to the Siesberg shopping mall which is the biggest shopping centre in Graz alone. We had some lunch all together and I basically made more new memories :).  I had a fun time until the moment I got on the tram back home and nearly missed my bus back to Hitzendorf 😐.

BUTTTT everything worked out fine and it was a good day. Unfortunately I did not get any photos because I was to busy eating 🀣😭 (typical me, always eating).  The next day was probably the most adventurous one, it was kinda short because mama and I left the house at about 2pm after we had our lunch but it was better than nothing AND worth it.

SOOOOO guess what I did?  We drove over the SLOVENIAN BORDER 🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩🀩 from the country Austria to Slovenia πŸ€ͺ how CRAZY.  Literally a BORDER CROSSING and I was in another country! We stopped at a church took a few photos and then left again back to Austria back to Hitzendorf because it was getting a bit late.  The drive is about thirty to an hour and there was a littttle bit of traffic.  We do not have boarders in NZ so you can imagine how excited I was about crossing boarders and experience the Police.  I saw men in uniform lol.  Can you believe it man πŸ˜…πŸ€© I meeean come on, Italy is like not even that far either.  Just  IMAGINEEE if we could drive to Italy just for the fun of it.  I have always been the adventurous kid so long drives are exciting for me.




So I have a few weeks to go and I am quite booked out already with heaps of plans with family and friends so Italy maybe another time πŸ˜‰ (yes I am most definitely coming back to Europe. Who am I kidding. I might study here).  Mum and I have been talking about next steps and Europe is definetly on the books and yes I have a few options now for post leaving High School.  



On a sidenote coming on the exchange was also my mum wanting to open other doors for me.  Yes!  I get it now mum.  I honestly do get it  now andddd did you know to study here in Austria it’s free.  To attend University is free like seriously. ANNND ya girl LOVES history and music so who knows I could be back in NO time (watch this space)πŸ₯°πŸ€ͺ.  



After our little galavanting, we had some ice cream in a little passing through town lols ice cream in this cold weather??? Your probably thinking??? Hahaha yeah so it’s actually been quite warm lately, I’m talking 15degrees warm so it was nice to have a bit of ice cream considering I havnt had any and I usually do at this time of year πŸ₯ΊπŸ€£.  Ice cream reminds me of my nena because we would always take her for ice cream during the summer time.



One of the  highlights of my week is hearing from my music teacher at  Hauraki Plain's College Mr Mac.  Was not expecting to hear from anyone at school so that was nice to hear from him.  Thanks for checking up on me Mr Mac.  I am surviving out here and the music is challenging me.

But anywhoooo! In the next few days THIS week I am going to do another presentation on New Zealand and Niue at another school.  I am going to try and get some photos. Then on Wednesday I’ll be going out to have lunch with some friends again and then at 6pm I’m going to watch one of the kids’s performance with the family.

This Saturday it looks like I might be going out shopping for a costume for a carnival I’ll be attending but there’s more to come about that in another blog πŸ˜‰ so no hints or I will spoil the fun.  Then Sunday I still need to check if it’s okay with mama, but a few friends want to have some lunch with me so. So there’s a few things happening this week coming.

I know my blogging has been a bit slack lately I have been quite terrible with my data use LOLS.  Trying to stay in touch with family and my friends back home  but the time difference is a bit of a challenge sometimes and before you know it I have used all my data.   Then I live out in the country and havent got the luxury of topping up my phone from the shop when I want too.  I have learned to turn my data off before I go to bed at night.  Because I figured all my mates respond to my messages at night time when its day time in NZ.  In saying that I am grateful for the communication with the world cos I can stay intouch with family and friends back home.🀣🀣 

Anywho I need to sleep for my presentation tomorrow but I hope everyone has a good day at school and work!!! 

Gute nacht from my side anddddd Guten tag to your side (Goodnight) (Good day)CIAAAOOOO XOXOXOXOX
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Common Ancestor.

Taking on Vienna.

Bye New Zealand...Hello Austria...I am here...I am actually hereeee.