Happy New Year. Welcome to 2020.

Mama, Papa and I.

Hey there blog friends and family, its been a while hasnt it.  I tried the Blog in Vlog.  So basically, mum and I chatted and we both decided that it'll be better if I continued to do my blogging rather than the famous "Blog in a Vlog" (it was fun while it lasted) so I have decided to go back to doing so.

2020 has arrived, we are half way through January and guess whatttt its going to be the year of travelling I feel.  I am half way through my exchange before you know it I am home again.  Its a life changing experience I have learnt and I dont quite know how to feel about going home.  I know mum already has my March-June calendar kind of tentatively up and running and I am getting my head around Level1s.

The blog would have been up on Sunday however I was out with Mama and Papa for most of the day!  So before I explain what I did i'll be giving a brief run down of whats happened lately for you guys.  Time seems to just go so fast at the moment.  Today is Tuesday in Austria.  Lets rewind to last week.

On Tuesday I spent time at Mamma's School, I was asked to do a presentation on NZ and I put some stuff together. Talked about life in NZ in general, my home town Paeroa and what its iconically known for.   My school in the Hauraki, my family, my music etc.  I also presented to students on Niue the Rock of Polynesia where my family originally come from.  I had fun and heaps of students wanted to know more details.



On Wednesday at school I attended a 2 hour art exhibition with just my art class, I was not allowed to take any photos, however I would like to say, the history here is beyond amazing. Even though I couldn't understand anything I got a fair idea of some of the historical events just by looking at the artwork.

There was one artist and photographer, she was mostly a photographer but the work she created specifically about the Holocaust is just amazing. I am no artist myself, my goodness I cant even draw a stickman properly, but all I can say is she is very talented in describing her work but also appeared to have strong political views.  I have to apologise though, I am a useless listener and I tend to forget things easily so I didn't get a record of her name except! her sisters name was Anna. (the name Anna is a very common name in Austria and Germany, and it feels ultra nice when people say the pronunciation correctly LOL).  Going to this exhibition has reiterated the fact that I love learning about history.

I am learning German and I am taking a liking to it.  Mum and I have talked about taking extra lessons when I get home and I am going to do it extramural.  This week I also got my timetable for school back in NZ.  Basically I have theory based classes in first semester and in second its practical music, drama and classical studies.  I love learning about history as I mentioned above so I am happy with my papers.  School starts at the end of Jan so I am going to be playing catch up when I get home.

When I get home I will be about a  month behind at Hauraki Plains College and I am year 11 this year which means NCEA Level 1s come at me.

On Thursday I met up with one of my friends from Italy who is also on the exchange programme as me. Her name is Elisa. We had a small catch up and ate some pizza together. We both got a little carried away after lunch and considering we were in the city it was much harder to resist the shopping! (don't tell my mum, even though she'll be reading this but, I bought myself a pair of Adidas pants and I kid you not I felt like the biggest flexer ever man. I have never owned a branded pants before and thats cos my mum always prioritised important things lol so I was like why not... teeheeee...sorry Ma).

Shopping time!!!

The following day was my favourite day of the week! Not because it was Friday but because I got to go to and watch the Graz 99'ers ice hockey game!!!!! Mama and Papa took me last week and I was fascinated with Ice Hockey.  Like crazy madddddd.  The crowd is amazing and so fun to be part off.

Well this game Graz 99ers played against the Vienna Capitals and Graz WONNN. My new favourite sport is ice hockey and I already have my bids on who's gonna win in the championships this year.  So Graz went on to play Linz another team and they won again.  Tough game 3:2 but the 99'ers are in the top 5 which I am happy about!

LMAO I may not be able to skate but I sure as heck can be a true supporter! Dont laugh at me but hahahahahahaha and if you think rugby fans are crazy!? WAAAIT till you come to Austria and see a live game! A few times I was scared these men behind me were gonna tip their beer on me! 😭😭😭  They were incredibly loud and vocal and aggressive. But all in all it was a mean game, and it was such a tough competition.

The highlight of the game for me was when the 99'ers scored the last overtime shot and the opposite team turned to sore losers ! 😿 JOKES! no but for real though, it was awesome! when we scored the whole Vienna team shook hands then ran off the ice hahaha and every 99'ers fan was cheering "AUF WIEDERSEHEN" it was not very humble but then again THE 99'ERS WONNN.  I have never experienced anything like it.  My family is not sporty so I dont get to go to games of any sort.



Guess what I also bought me a 99er jersey to take home to remind me of that experience.  Its huge on me but I love it hahahahahahahaha.  Mums probably not going to approve but ehhh sorry not sorry.  Check out this photo in bottom sorry MA.





So then on Saturday I went out with my area rep Sonja and some of other students on the same exchange from other parts of the world.  Sonja took us skating and that was heaps of fun.  There is a skiing trip coming up for students who are in Austria unfortanately I will be missing that because I would have left for home two weeks earlier.

Happy to advise I finally know how to skate (kind of) and I know for sure i'll need to go again before I leave! After ice skating we had some lunch and once again I had some pizza :).

Hanging out with our area rep from STS Austria.

Centre Place

Sunday rolls around and its downtime with Mama and Papa.  I went out with Mama and Papa to the Rotary Club to play some Eissstockschiensen which is Ice Curling. Papa is involved in the local Rotary so it was nice to be a part of what he does. It was quite different when I first tried it out and I wasn't the best at it but after a few trials I eventually got the hang of it. For me if I was to try and explain what Eissstockschiensen is and how to play it, I would just compare it to lawn bowls. It's a competitive sport with a lot of stamina and patience involved in it and I definitely do not have those aspects when it comes to sports LMAO. I had fun and I managed to get a lil selfie with Mama and Papa, which you can see above.




It's been very cold in the minus ones but I dont mind it.  The snow is coming again and I am excited about it.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO.........The new week begins and its back to school I go.  Mama is away on school course so Papa and I have been home alone.

GUESSS WHATTTT THIS WEEKEND COMING!!!!!

On Thursday after school papa will be taking me to bus stop where I will be taking a bus for 2 hours to the amazing capital of Austria... Vienna! I AM GOIN TO VIENNA.  I will be spending some time with my host mums sister and her teenage kids who are around my age so it will be very fun and I am looking forward to it!

I have been asked to do another presentation at Mamas school about New Zealand, because if you didn't know already from when I mentioned about a presentation in "Blog in a Vlog" you would know that I spent most of the day talking about New Zealand and basically put The Rock on the map (hehehehe) so many children asked heaps of questions, and some even asked for my Fortnite name !! 🤣So will have to think about what else I need to be presenting and how to do that.  Maybe I could perform for the school and do a Maori waiata.  This week is going to fly so I have to do some planning abit.

Oh and also did you know I HAVE ABOUT 6 WEEKS TO GO AND ITS BACK TO REALITY I GO.  So i am going to make the most of what I got left!

Until the next blog!

CIAO ! xoxoxox








Comments

  1. Wow curling....barhahaha still can't get that one...ice hockey hmmmm...it sounds all very cool. U r right it's not long to go so do make the most of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

One Common Ancestor.

Taking on Vienna.

Bye New Zealand...Hello Austria...I am here...I am actually hereeee.