4 weeks and counting......


Vaila, Alofi Tokelau, Niue.


My countdown calendar reminded me today that I am exactly 1 month away from leaving. That means I have four weeks and I leave home. If you want to follow my blog please subscribe or leave a message below. I am excited but also petrified because I've never been away from home for that long let alone away from my mum for more than a month.We managed to buy my winter gears for half the price and a pair of Timberland boots during labour weekend. Thanks to mum she organised everything.

I have always wanted a pair of Timberlands because my godfather/ cousin I look up too has a collection. Now I feel and look very manly. I know I will need them for the snow and the cold. The first weekend of December I am travelling to Hitzendorf via Dubai from Auckland New Zealand. I arrive in Austria and straight to school.

The journey will be for three months and I will be attending a Catholic School in Graz. Hitzendorf is approximately twenty minutes from Graz. I will be travelling by tram and bus to and from school everyday. When I arrive in Austria it will be the winter season in Europe. I have never experienced the snow before so this will be my first experience with snow. I am told that Austria is very cold so I have prepped for the snow.

Currently I am working on learning basic German so I can have something when I get to Austria. It is a very interesting language. I look forward to using it in a month and getting to know the Austrian culture. There's so much to think about at the moment but I won't get too carried away or else i'l scare myself and have an anxiety attack lol.

Today Nanny Libby sent me some cash for my spending money she promised me earlier in the year. I never expect anything from her because she's super special to me. Nanny Lib and Papa Ray have been my main supporters since my daycare days. Libby was my nanny who looked after me during my mum's training days and saw potential in me at 3 years old. She trained me and gave me the tools to prep me for Country Music.

I am now 15 and she still plays a huge part of my life. She has continued to support me everywhere I go. I phoned her tonight to say Thanks for the sponsorship and we agreed I would spend sometime with her before I go away. So I have to go and spend time with them one weekend.

All of a sudden there's this mad rush to spend time with family because Christmas is coming and its family time and everyone will be going away soon.

My cousin Misha (bless her) was going to throw me a going away party. I was looking forward to it but now mum said No because of the time of the year and the mad rush and plus I have to go busking the next three Saturdays to make extra cash. I want to buy a decent vlogging camera because the camera mum wants me to buy is a big DSLR type and I don't want that one. I've done my research I like cannon cameras and the cheapest is about $400.

I have like $120 on me leftover from all of my buskings in coins at home. so need to make extra whatever I make will go towards the camera. This is me taking control of my own things. Any who that's me for the night. You can expect to see me update once a week until I leave. Not sure how its going to work in Austria so going to play it by ear. Haia. Fakaue Lahi. Ai mavehe to liu ke feleveia..



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Common Ancestor.

Taking on Vienna.

Bye New Zealand...Hello Austria...I am here...I am actually hereeee.